Protect Yourself and Report the Latest Frauds, Scams, Spams, Fakes, Identify Theft Hacks and Hoaxes
Scams using these names: billytsang44x among many others
Were you contacted by someone you didn't know, offering to have you sell items for them on eBay, Craigslist or other online auction websites? They offer to do all the work, you just collect the money to your Paypal or bank account, pay them for the goods, and then they will ship the goods to the purchaser?
Let's look at that: they have the products, they create the ads, they sell the products, but you collect the money, pay them and AFTER THAT, they will ship the products to the buyers? If you think that makes sense, we'd like to offer you some swampland in Florida at a cheap price.
Of course it is a scam. The scammer has no products and will never ship them. You will be left holding the bag, owing refunds to all of the buyers who never will receive the items they bid on and paid for! And you may even face criminal charges of fraud.
We may highlight passages that illustrate typical scam clues:
If you have an account at online auction please respond I have a very attractive business offer to you. It concerns selling goods for which I have 50% discount because I work at the manufacture and as employees we can buy goods at cost price. Everything will be clear.
You'll get 15-20% from winning bid. We can test with one-two product maybe.
For more details please contact directly to me :
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you!
Note from the victim:
I responded to this online ad and received the following reply but when I asked the emailer what his Ebay ID was I never heard from him again. Ebay wasn't much help when I contacted them. I'm now very suspicious about the nature of his original ad on Backpage.com. I've included the Email Header information in a MS Word document.
Please let me know if this is a scam.
Email from the scammer:
SUBJECT: Fwd: backpage response: eBay/Auction Listers/Sales Position/P-Time/F-time...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: billytsang44 <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: backpage response: eBay/Auction Listers/Sales Position/P-Time/F-time...
Hello! How are you today? My name is Billy. I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my ad.
The position requires that you list products using your eBay account and get paid doing so.
Takes a few minutes a day and can be done anywhere with a PC (at home or at the office)
It doesn't cost anything to start. It's NOT a program but a JOB that is done at your own time.
Salary ranges from $1500+ a month solely based on commission of $4 of each item sold. I estimate about 350 items a month
After two weeks, the pay will be $5 per item sold.
Items being sold are authentic designer fragrances.
HOW IT WORKS:
NOTE: If you DO NOT like the idea of giving your AUCTIVA login info we can use the free EBAY TURBO LISTER. I simply create the listings, export it to a file, send it to you, you'll import into EBAY TURBO LISTER and post onto eBay for sale. But I prefer AUCTIVA if possible as it's easier on my side.
1. Once you agreed to the position, you'll sign up for Auctiva at www.auctiva.com (read GETTING STARTED below)
2. You'll create a token between eBay and Auctiva so that Auctiva can post items to the eBay account.
3. I will then input the product listings onto Auctiva.
4. I will handle all customer service inquiries (you will need to forward all incoming emails from ebay to my email account)
5. When item ends, you'll send an invoice if buyer has not checkout or paid.
6. Customer payments will go to your paypal first. The new email used for eBay will also need to be ADDED to your Paypal to receive payments.
7. Once payments are in, I'll then create an invoice using EXCEL detailing what's due to me after all fees and your commission.
8. Once you've paid my invoice via Paypal or Google Checkout (using your Credit Card or Paypal Credit or Debit card) I'll ship the items via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, you too will know the tracking # and see the package status yourself.
NOTE: I prefer receiving payments from you via Google Checkout because it saves me tons of fees. Google charges 2%+20cents, Paypal charges 2.9%+30cents, a big difference. If you want to use Paypal for the first invoice, we can do that, then switch to Google Checkout, thereafter.
I cover all eBay fees (insertion fee and final value fee) on ebay and fees on paypal for receiving payments.
All items are sold 99% of the time.
If an item do not sell, we'll relist or I'll credit you for the listing fee for the unsold item.
All fees incurred will be calculated and credited to you when auction ends.
All calculation will be shown clearly on an excel file.
After a customer pays you and you've paid my invoice, I will then ship within 24-48 hrs via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. You too will get this tracking# and see the status of the package.
If everything sounds okay and clear and like to get started, continue reading below, if not and have more questions, reach me below.
1. Go to www.auctiva.com with the login and password I gave you
2. After logging in, you'll be prompted to create a token.
note: if you already have auctiva linked to your eBay account, you cannot link it again, just forward to me your username and password.
(if you using auctiva for your current active listings and do not want to send your login info, we can use eBay Turbo Lister)
3. The direct link to create a token
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE, YOU CAN DO SO AFTER LOGGING INTO AUCTIVA, IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE TOKEN GENERATION PAGE OR WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE "HOME" TAB, ON THAT THERE IS A WARNING BOX ASKING YOU TO GENERATE A TOKEN.
4. When you get to this page, it'll explain to you what a token is. Click on the GENERATE AN EBAY TOKEN button,
which will take you to ebay and which you will sign in and agree to the token generation.
5. Once you've agreed to the token generation on the eBay page, you've completed token generation.
6. The next step is to forward to me the USERNAME AND PASSWORD and I will then create the listings within Auctiva and post it to your ebay account for sale.
7. Once i created the listings for all my products, you will then be responsible for relisting items right after it's sold
Additional questions can be addressed vian email or via chat below
***AFTER YOU'VE SIGNED UP WITH AUCTIVA, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR EBAY ID, AUCTIVA USERNAME AND PASSWORD + PAYPAL EMAIL(to receive payments from customers)***
~~~~~VERY VERY IMPORTANT~~~~~
if you have NEVER sold on eBay, that means your account is NOT in SELLING status. To sell, you must make your eBay account into a seller account. To do so, simply go here: http://cgi4.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellerSignIn
Additional questions can be addressed vian email or via chat below
Go here to chat with me:
OR VIA CHAT PROGRAM:
YAHOO MESSENGER: billytsang44x
MSN MESSENGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If I'm not available to chat, please email me and let me know the time that your available to talk. Please specify time zone as well.
MY USUAL AVAILABILITY TIME IS: WEEKDAYS 10AM TO 6PM EST
NOTE: EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE REPLY SO THAT I KNOW.
Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.
P.S: There is no commitment, you can test it out!